Saturday, November 7, 2009

Quality Time

Carter has been a little cranky lately... Mom has been working too much, Dad has been studying too much, and Carter misses us! This weekend is Daddy's LAST weekend at school, and I thought we would kick off the weekend with some quality SLEEPING time. I let Carter sleep with me last night - which consisted of about 5 books, 2 songs, a cup of water, pulling my hair, rubbing my back, demanding that I rub his back ("Not like THAT, mommy! Do it THIS way!")... finally, at 12:30... when I was fast asleep, I was rudely awakened by a large thump on the ground. Sure enough... Carter had rolled right off the bed! I took that as a cue to put him back in his bed. Thankfully, even Carter agreed that it was probably best to sleep close to the ground :) This morning, he came back into my bed for an extra hour of sleeping together though - which was super cute. He rolled over a few times, touched my face and said, "I'm smiling at you!" Aw! Then, it was off to gymnastics and the donut shop... what a great morning!

2 comments:

  1. You are the type of person that makes me want to have a child. I can't wait to live close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And YOU are going to be an amazing mom!! I can't WAIT for you to be closer!

    ReplyDelete