Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pacifiers


As a first-time mom, I swore I wouldn't use a pacifier.  I felt like many parents just pop a pacifier in their baby's mouth instead of trying to figure out what their baby actually needs.  I didn't want to start a habit that would be hard to break later, and it seemed like Carter got along just fine without one.

Fast-forward 5 years to baby #2: Charlie loves to eat.  Well, more accurately, he loves having something in his mouth.  Unfortunately, this means that he wants to eat all of the time - but ends up spitting up tons of milk because he truly isn't hungry at all.  What a waste a of precious sleeping time milk!  I'm definitely a lot more relaxed this time around, and I'm no longer concerned about starting a bad habit or relying on the pacifier too heavily.  I went to my favorite eco-friendly baby boutique and bought a couple of bpa/phosphate/phthalate-free pacis and an adorable clip to keep it attached to Charlie.  Can't have it falling on the floor!

We'll find out soon if he actually likes it...
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment