Saturday, June 4, 2011

31 Weeks!

With all of the distraction from the big move and the end of the school year, my pregnancy seems to be progressing so fast! I am amazed that I've already passed the 31 week mark. I am still feeling great, especially now that we are in this gorgeous weather and I'm trying to finish things up in the nursery. Baby Charlie has officially started the alien-movement stage, and I just love watching him lazily roll around and stretch my stomach into interesting shapes.

Obviously, because of the move, I had to find a new hospital and doctor. Thanks to the recommendations of Internet strangers and their blogs, I chose a midwifery practice that delivers babies at a hospital in Portland (about 30 min from us). This hospital offers water births, which sounded like the perfect option for me. I had my first appointment with the midwives this week, and I LOVED them! I am so happy to get to experience this kind of care. I also liked my ob, but my appointments barely lasted 5 minutes. This appointment was 45 minutes long - the midwife spent so much time just getting to know me and talking about all of the aspects of my pregnancy, thus far. I left feeling like I had made a new friend :-) She even sent me off with some restaurant recommendations to try and get to before baby Charlie joins us. I'll be seeing a lot of them, since my appointments are now every 2 weeks. The end is certainly creeping up! Hope we are ready for what is soon to come!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. receiving a high level of care is priceless. glad they are so attentive!

    ReplyDelete