Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We Made It!

It is hard to believe all that has transpired in the last two weeks.  Carter and I wrapped up the end up the school year - he had a fun water day and pizza party with his class to celebrate his "graduation" from pre-K, and I spent lots of time packing up odds and ends in my classroom, readying it for the next teacher.  It was bittersweet... I LOVED teaching at Camelview (for a 3rd time!) and I will really miss the friends I have made there over the past 7 years, but I am filled with excitement over my next job... just being MOM.  I am so glad to be able to devote more time to Carter, without lesson planning and work stress nagging at me.  Today, we made a big list of everything we could think of that we could do to keep busy at home this summer, and we spent the afternoon racing cars around the kitchen floor.  Fun stuff!

I was so proud of how well he did on the drive up to Vancouver.  We managed to get here a day ahead of schedule... with only a couple meltdowns (to be expected on such a long journey!).  We were both so happy to be able to spend that time with Grandma.  It is going to be hard not seeing her everyday, after staying with her and Granddad for the past 8 weeks.  Every new adventure has drawbacks, and missing them is a big one.

Once we got to our new home, we were greeted by Daddy and Nana.  We are so blessed to have Chris's mom be so thoughtful that she came ahead of Carter and I to help Chris unpack boxes and start setting up the house.  By the time we arrived, pictures had been hung, furniture had been assembled, and there was minimal work for this big, pregnant momma to continue!  Thank goodness!

So far, the drizzly rain and on-and-off grey skies have been lovely and refreshing.  My ankles are SO thankful for this cooler weather... they are back to normal size now!  Carter is learning how to time his outside play around the weather, and has had a blast playing basketball with his new big-boy hoop.  He even has a new best-bud down the street to hang out with.  Life is good - and I'm certain it'll only get better :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. wow, so glad you made it safely and that everything is going well! time to enjoy your last few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete