Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Perspective.

Charlie has a little sniffle.  Nothing major, just enough for me to want to give him extra sleep and snuggles and keep that awful nose-aspirator handy, just in case.  A little cold is hardly blog-worthy, usually, but today it felt so different.  I had this moment of incredible thankfulness.  I am thankful that all I have to deal with is a cold.  The worst injury Carter has ever sustained only required a couple of stitches.  No big deal.  My two boys are healthy and happy and have such very minor complications in their lives, so far.  How very blessed are we?

Yesterday, I was introduced to the blog of a seriously amazing mother, Courtney Roth.  Her sweet boy has a condition called Epidermolysis Bullosa.  Her son, Tripp, has an incredibly difficult and painful life, and somehow she manages to be positive and see the best in the situation that has been given to them.

Photobucket

How often do I complain or get caught up in the "difficulties" of our life?  Too often.  Especially considering our life is pretty amazing.  Yet, here is a woman who was told that her precious child probably wouldn't even survive his first year, giving all of her love and energy so selflessly, day in and day out.  There are probably few easy days for her and Tripp.  And there are so few hard days for our family.  We are so incredibly blessed to have been entrusted with the care of these two perfect boys.  I need to take a lesson from Courtney and remember to enjoy the blessings I have.  Every single day.  Because I have no idea how long I have to enjoy them.

If you want to read more about Courtney and Tripp, or to vote for them to win a feature in Reader's Digest to spread the word about his condition and $25,000 for the cause (she's in the lead right now, and every vote will help keep her there!), please click HERE.

Just a little reminder to hug your babies (or mine! They love extra hugs!) and be extra thankful for the blessings in your life.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment