Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch

Grandma Joy and Granddad came for a visit this past weekend.  It was WONDERFUL to see them!  It has been quite an adjustment for me to be living so far from my parents.  When I was a new mom to Carter, my mom was around regularly.  She is one of the most helpful people you'll ever meet - she does dishes, vacuuming, cooking, and on and on - and was so great in helping me adjust to motherhood.  This time around, I don't have her just a short drive away.  A few hours on a plane just isn't the same, you know?  Lucky for me, my mom and dad are able to visit fairly often, but it still felt like forever since their visit 2 months ago.  Charlie has grown and changed dramatically since he was just barely 3 weeks old.  I think they hardly recognized my big boy!

Our favorite part of the weekend was a trip to a nearby pumpkin patch.  We have gone to the desert-style pumpkin patches in AZ, but they were nothing in comparison to this!  Bizi Farms had a cider press, corn/feed grinder for the kids to use, hay bale maze, corn maze, pumpkin "launch"/slingshots, hayrides, pony rides, petting farm, pony rides... it was seriously amazing.  We took the hayride out to the pumpkin patch and picked out 5 fabulous pumpkins (Chris has quite an eye for this!).  It was nice and chilly, but not rainy at all.  A perfect way to spend time with our super-loved Grandma and Granddad.  I think Charlie had the best time of all - Grandma carried him around in the wrap all morning.  Soooo comfy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment