Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year's Goals

Ah, the new year is in full swing.  I love this time of year.  Besides the obvious greatness of being between Christmas and my birthday, this time of year lends itself to goal-making.  I am a goal-maker by nature.  I love to read self-help/improvement books and parenting blogs, always making a plan about how I can better myself, my parenting, my relationships with my loved ones (and my not-so-loved ones, too).  This year, I have a number of goals in mind... much more in-depth than in years past, but it isn't like I have too much else going on, right?

I've been reading The Happiness Project, which is a fantastic book about... uhhh... being happy. (Did I really need to tell you that?).  There are so many aspects of our lives that we should and could be enjoying more fully, if we paid a little more attention and focused on them properly.  This year, I'll be following her book, setting my own monthly goals loosely based on hers.  2012 is going to be a year to magnify the happiness that already exists in my life.  Can't wait!

My secondary goal is to document our life through photos.  I am AWESOME at taking photos about 2 or 3 times a year... but I often forget to pull out the camera to regularly document those everyday moments that are so fleeting as the boys get older.  My goal is to take at least one photo a day - EVERY day.  I can totally do this, right?  I will also be taking part in simple as that's weekly photo challenge.  Make sure to check in on Sundays to catch our simple moment of the week.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment