Thursday, March 10, 2011

Portland... Here We Come!

...and we thought a BABY was going to be our biggest life-change of the year.  Not so!  Chris has been offered a job that he just can't turn down - in PORTLAND!  Of course, the timing is a little... interesting, but our excitement over the move is huge.  Portland is definitely our kind of city: vegetarian-friendly (for my sweet vegan husband), eco-conscious (so my cloth diapers won't be so unusual), and politically active - a blue state - wahoo!

Am I nervous?  Why would I be nervous?!  Maybe because I am going to be 7 months pregnant when we move 1300 miles away from home?  Because I'll have to find a new midwife/ob/hospital/birth center/pediatrician/etc?  Because I have to scout out neighborhoods, choose a good school, and find a place to live... all in a city that I've never even visited?  Ummm... yeah.  I'm a little nervous.  But, don't let that fool you - I am really looking forward to this move.  I know that God has big plans for our family, and the way this job worked out, makes it impossible to believe that He didn't have a hand in it.  I know that we are doing what is best for our family, no matter how challenging the short-term might seem.

On the plus side, I get to spend a gorgeous summer exploring a new city, eating at new restaurants, and making new friends.  I will be setting up a beautiful guest room - and I expect to have LOTS of visitors (who wants to come and see a cute baby this fall???).  Chris's new job will allow me to stay at home with Carter and his new baby brother - for as long as I want to.  That is a huge relief, and something that I am so grateful for.  Carter and I are excited to plant our first garden, and he has been busy planning which vegetables to plant.  It will be an amazing adventure - that's for sure!Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment