Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bacon Pancakes!

I have been mildly addicted to the website, Pinterest, this summer.  It is a bulletin-board-type system that lets you share your favorite blogs/websites/recipes/photos with your online friends, as well as just catalog and save them for yourself.  A couple weeks back, I ran across the delicious idea for BACON Pancakes.  Oh, yes... totally calling my name!  I finally got around to making them this week, and just made them again this morning.  Hey, I'm pregnant (still!)... I have an excuse!

Sound delicious to you, too?  Well, read on...


First, I took the easy way out - who wants to stand over the stove and fry up bacon in the summer? Not me!  I used Trader Joe's pre-cooked, nitrate-free bacon.  It takes just about 1 minute to crisp up in the microwave and tastes great.  I used 4 slices and broke each one in half after cooking.

I found a seriously delicious, locally-made pancake mix.  Yeah, I know pancake mix isn't the hardest thing to make, but I was going for simplicity here.

Once these two parts are made, you are *almost* ready!


Heat up your pan to medium heat, then add some oil.  Once it gets hot, lay down a few half-slices of bacon.


Now, pour a little pancake batter on top of each bacon slice.  You are getting excited already, aren't you?  Be patient - don't flip them yet!


Once the pancake batter has little bubbles all over, it will be ready to flip.  Don't do it early or the pancakes will fall apart into a big, ol' batter-y mess.  


After both sides are pretty and brown, put them on a plate with some fruit... or more bacon... and serve with maple syrup.  Yum! Yum! Yum!
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment