Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ready or Not...

I have been in serious nesting mode for the past few days.  My floors are sparkling, my baseboards are scrubbed, and have organized everything in (and out of) sight.  Not only am I probably driving my husband crazy... but it is incredibly unlike me to be this way.  Nesting is such a strange feeling!

I had my 36-week check-up today, and it looks like little Charlie is probably going to be an early arrival, like his brother.  Of course, it is all just speculation and it is entirely possible that I could remain pregnant for 4+ more weeks, but things are looking pretty good.  I'm already 70% effaced, 2 cm dilated, and the baby is at -2 station.  The midwife told me that she'd prefer for him to stay in and "cook" for another week, but that they wouldn't stop labor if it started sooner than that.  I would definitely like to keep him baking for a little longer, for many reasons.  First of all, Chris is traveling to Idaho next week.  Not exactly convenient if I happen to go into labor!  Second, I have lots and lots of preparing still to do: must prep diapers, finish up odds and ends in the nursery, etc... And third (though clearly the most important reason), I just want to make sure Charlie is as healthy as can be.  I know that his timing will be perfect, whatever it is!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment