Friday, April 8, 2011

Perfect Heart

I was a little bit nervous going into my appointment this morning.  I spent the 40 minutes in the car listening   to the most uplifting and calming music I have on the ipod, and reminding myself - over and over - that no matter what the outcome of the scan... we love this baby, and everything would be okay.  After waiting what seemed like an eternity in the waiting room, the ultrasound technician finally took me back into the exam room.  She spent well over an hour completing her measurements and trying to get every possible angle of every part of the body.  She was so incredibly thorough, that I just knew I was in good hands.  When she was done, she brought the doctor in to talk to me and do her own ultrasound exam.  After another 20 minutes of measuring/examining, the doctor assured me that there is NOTHING to be concerned about.  She showed me all of the parts of baby's heart, and showed me just how perfectly sized they are.  Since I know absolutely nothing about a baby's anatomy, I'll just take her word for it.











This entire experience has just reminded me how often we take for granted our health... the health of our children... and the health of our pregnancies.  It truly is an absolute miracle to have a healthy baby.  Thankfully, this is a miracle that happens many, many times everyday - but the frequency really shouldn't lessen how miraculous an event it truly is.  I am so very thankful that my little boy is growing just right... and I will continue to thank God every single day for giving me the chance to have another healthy child.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment