Friday, April 15, 2011

An Unexpected Trip

This was a great morning - I dropped Carter off at school, picked up some fabulous iced cinnamon mochas from Lola's, and headed over to hang out with my sweet friend, Eve Elise and her cute kiddos.  After about an hour of chatting, I got a phone call from Carter's teacher.  First thought that ran through my head?  What did my child do now? But, this definitely wasn't his fault - he was sick.  Poor kiddo.  Then, my brain started racing - yesterday, at basketball practice, he had a ball bounce off of his head.  No big deal, right?  But then, at 11:30pm, he woke up crying about his head hurting.  He ended up going back to sleep, so I didn't think too much of it... but then, vomiting with no fever?  Of course, I immediately thought that Carter had some kind of traumatic brain injury that was surely worsening by the second.  What kind of mother am I?!  I rushed him to Phoenix Children's Hospital to get checked out - can't mess around with that precious brain!
Thankfully everything checked out fine.  The doctor said it was all just a strange coincidence of unrelated events, and he is probably just getting a stomach bug.  Now Carter is back home, curled up in Granddad's bed, watching the Golf Channel.  Yep.  That's right - the GOLF Channel.  He should be asleep in no time!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment